Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Because you loved me

I love songs! They release tension and my students leave the classroom happier. This one, so far, has never failed.
Sorry that the "worksheet" has such a terrible format. It looks much nicer as a Word file, but won't transfer that way to this blog.


Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion)

I. Write the past tense of these verbs. They will all be in the song:

Hold:
Bring:
Make:
Lift:
Believe:
Give:
See:
Lose:
Can’t:
Carry:
Touch:
Say:
Stand:
Have:
Is:
Find:

II. Listen to the song and complete the blank spaces with the missing verbs:

For all those times you ________ by me
For all the truth that you _______ me see
For all the joy you __________ to my life
For all the wrong that you _______ right
For every dream you _______ come true
For all the love I _____________ in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who ___________ me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who _______ me through through it all

Refrain:

You ______ my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I ______ speak
You were my eyes when I ________ see
You _______ the best there was in me
_______ me up when I couldn't reach
You ________ me faith 'coz you _______
I'm everything I am because you loved me

You _______ me wings and made me fly
You ______ my hand, I could touch the sky
I _____ my faith, you gave it back to me
You ________ no star was out of reach
You _________ by me and I stood tall
I ___________ your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much but I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were always there for me
The tender wind that _________ me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

No comments:

Post a Comment